Permitted Close Encounter Whale Watching
Description Gallery Map
A Whale of an Adventure
Viewing these larger-than-life sea mammals is truly a majestic experience, come join us to see not only amazing whales, but a host of other indigenous sea animals on this fantastic tour.
- Meeting point is at the Ocean Blue Adventures office situated in the Milkwood Centre, Hopwood street, 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Our Ecological adventure leaves from Central Beach with an exciting beach launch and heads east past the bird sanctuary and Keurbooms beach to Arch Rock.
- Here we usually encounter Bottlenose and the rare Indo-Pacific Humpback dolphins, as well as some shark species.
- From Arch Rock we head into the middle of the Bay where pelagic seabirds are normally to be found some 7km from the shore. Out there our resident Bryde’s whales may be seen, as well as Common dolphins or Southern Right and Humpback whales during their season.
- We then traverse the Bay to the point of Robberg Peninsula and out to the Wild side, often seeing groups of whales and pods of dolphins.
- Cruising back along the inside of Robberg, we see the unique geology from this unusual viewpoint and can observe our growing Cape Fur Seal Colony.
- Finally we head back along the Robberg beach, while a brief rundown on the history of the area is given.
- After passing the Beacon Island Hotel, built on the site of an original Whaling Station, we end the experienced with an exhilarating landing, again on Central Beach.
Share on Social Media
Our Latest Reviews
“I'm a painter by profession and going on this excursion and bus ride leading up to it, were really great fuel for my next few works. I love immersing myself in nature and draw from that for inspiration!”
- Justin Tollini