Our Terms & Conditions
The Rules and Regulations We Live By
Last updated: 18 October 2017
- The Mzansi Experience refers to Mzanzi Bus Adventures (Pty) Ltd trading as The Mzansi Experience, a Propriety Limited business entity, established and registered in 2016. Hereafter also referred to as “The Company”.
- Clientmeans individuals, groups, companies or other legal persons using the services offered by The Mzansi Experience.
- Bus Ticket means the proof of a service bought to be used on-board The Mzansi Experience busses. The ticket will be issued via online purchase, or physical purchase from and authorised agent or reseller, and will have a unique code allowing the client to travel within the bounds of the ticket purchased.
- Activity means an excursion or adventure ranging no longer than a few hours of a single day. These can range from highly relaxing to extreme physical level according to the choice of the client. All activities are provided by authorised and accredited third parties.
- Tour means the provision of services/activities and/or accommodation and/or transportation and/or meals as offered to the client to purchase, and stretches over more than one day - typically at least 3 days. All tours are provided by authorised and accredited third parties.
- Accommodation means the provision of overnight facilities in the form of a dorm bed, private room or camping tent as offered to the client to purchase. All accommodation is offered by reputable and well-screened third parties.
- Bookingmeans the confirmation of the selected bus ticket, activity, tour or accommodation enquiry / purchase and thereto acceptance of the terms & conditions of The Mzansi Experience, by the client.
- Hop-On Hop-Off means that the client can use the purchased ticket to travel between any two points within the original departure point and final point of arrival, step off at the chosen point and rebook a seat on the bus to the next point on his / her journey subject to availability.
- “Book a Seat” means the actual booking of a seat on any bus of The Mzansi Experience with a booking code supplied after purchasing a bus ticket. This can be done on our website, at any agent or by emailing our offices at email@example.com
- Third Party Supplier means any provider of activities, shuttle services, accommodation and tours other than The Mzansi Experience in a direct manner as purchased by the client.
Your agreement with The Mzansi Experience
By finalising your arrangements with us, you are accepting that the terms of this Agreement (and conditions of any contract made with any Third Party Supplier/s) apply to your booking and your travel arrangements. You also consent to our processing personal information about you and other members of your party. We and the Third Party Suppliers may disclose your personal information to others where directly connected with facilitating your travel arrangements and bookings and the provision of travel services and products. For example, we may disclose your personal information to activity providers, tour operators and accommodation establishment car rental companies in facilitating your travel arrangements.
Bookings / Reservation Policy
The Mzansi Experience reserves the right not to confirm the booking until the full amount set out in the invoice received by client (or presented to the client) is paid and has been received, with clear indication that the general terms and conditions of The Mzansi Experience, as well as specific terms and conditions of the Third Party Suppliers – where applicable – has been agreed to.
Please note that for single clients, the Single Supplement is compulsory on all accommodated tours. The prices thereof will be indicated on each tours pricing.
3.1 When you make a booking:
- You guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept for yourself the terms of these booking conditions; and any terms and conditions imposed by Third Party Suppliers.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all of the details on your travel documents are correct and to bring to our attention any errors or discrepancies immediately on receiving this document. The names in your booking must be exactly the same as they appear in the traveller’s passport or South African ID document.
- You enter into a legally binding contract to acquire the relevant travel or travel related products and/or services with the Third Party Suppliers.
- If you make a booking on behalf of someone else, you warrant that you have the authority to be bound by The Mzansi Experience’s general terms and conditions and the relevant Third Party Suppliers’ terms and conditions on that person’s behalf.
3.2 Booking Conditions
When making a booking, payment is required in full for a valid ticket any product to be issued. Minimum booking timeframes per product category stated below. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Bus Ticket / Seat: Book online up to 2 hours before departure. Less than 2 hours – phone our office for availability.
- Accommodation: Live Bookings - Pending Availability
- Activities and Day Tours: Live Bookings – Pending Availability
- Tours: Book online up to 30 days before start date. Less than 30 days – email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our office for availability.
Please note that for tours, a minimum booking capacity (including the client) is required. If the minimum booking number is not obtained, the Company reserves the right to cancel the tour and refund the tour price to the client, in which even the client shall (for the avoidance of doubt) have no claim for any damages against the Company.
3.3 If You Change Your Booking
If you wish to change your booking and such a change is permitted and possible, The Mzansi Experience will charge you a service fee to process the change. You may also be charged a service fee by your Third Party Supplier. For changes after departure please see the “Frequently Asked Questions” section of www.mzansi.travel for details of how to request changes. Please note that all reservation changes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the product or service purchased. For changes before departure please contact The Mzansi Experience directly on email@example.com
The Mzansi Experience will charge an administration fee for manual booking changes on the following basis:
- Successful changes made more than 24 hours in advance: No charge
- Successful changes made less than 24 hours in advance: R100 per change made
- Third Party charges for changes will be indicated on the specific booking made, and is in addition to above-mentioned fees. Please see specific product page and terms for more information.
3.4 If You Cancel Your Booking
If you cancel your booking, the cancellation terms and conditions of your Third Party Suppliers will apply as well as The Mzansi Experience fees outlined on your itinerary and receipt. We need to receive from you written notification of cancellation and your original ticket/voucher number before any refund can be considered. Should the reason for your cancellation be covered under the terms of your travel insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim your cancellation charges through your insurer.
The refund will only be issued only after your payment has reflected in our bank account – it might take a day or two to clear. We will refund on the next business day and it will take between 7 – 14 business days to reflect in the clients business account due to bank regulations and procedures.
Please see specific cancellation terms per service / product below.
3.4.1 Cancellation of Your Bus Ticket
As our tickets are highly flexible, tickets cancellations are only permitted on the below scale. Cancellations must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within 24 hours after initial purchase. Cancellation charges will be 15% of ticket value.
- Within 48 hours of initial purchase. Cancellation charges will be 25% of ticket value.
- Within 72 hours of initial purchase. Cancellation charges will be 35% of ticket value.
- More than 72 hours: No refund will be issued, but you are welcome to resell your ticket at an equal price to your initial purchase price or lower. You must then request a transfer for the ticket by emailing email@example.com and filling out the transfer form sent to you.
- Please note that there are no refunds for unused sections of a ticket
3.4.2 Cancellation of a Bus Leg
Cancellation of a bus leg (when booking a seat) can be done up until 2 hours before departure. For less than two hours’ notice, the office must be called directly. A no-show will result in that particular leg of the ticket being cancelled, which has to be purchased before being able to travel again. The rest of the ticket will remain valid.
3.4.3 Cancellation or changes in accommodation bookings
These are bound to the specific Third Party Provider, so please check your ticket for specific terms. All changes or cancellations are handled on a case-to-case basis, but as an indicative value:
- Cancellation charges for less than 72 hours: 100% of Booking Value
- Cancellation charges for less than 7 days: 50% of Booking Value plus R50 admin fee
- Cancellation charges for more than 7 days: R50 admin fee
- No Show: No refund
3.4.4 Changes / Cancellation of Activities / Day Tours
These are bound to the specific Third Party Provider, so please check your ticket for specific terms. All changes or cancellations are handled on a case-to-case basis, but as an indicative value:
- Cancellation charges for less than 12 hours before start time: 50% of full activity amount plus R50 admin fee
- Cancellation charges for less than 24 hours before start time: 25% of full activity amount plus R50 admin fee
- Cancellation charges for more than 24 hours before start time: R50 admin fee
- No Show: No refund
3.4.5 Changes / Cancellation of a Tour
These are bound to the specific Third Party Provider, so please check your ticket for specific terms. As an indicative value:
- Cancellation charges less than 20 Days in advance: No refund
- Cancellation charges between 20-30 days in advance: 50% of full value plus R100 admin fee
- Changes in dates / transfer of ownership more than 30 days in advance: R1000 per event
- Changes in dates / transfer of ownership less than 30 days in advance: Decision by Third Party Provider
What to do If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant Third Party Supplier (e.g. your hotel) immediately – no refunds or action will be considered after 24 hours of given incident. Should they be unable to resolve the matter, please contact The Mzansi Experience directly via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you fail to contact The Mzansi Experience within 24 hours, we will not be permitted the opportunity to investigate your complaint and rectify any error whilst you are away and this may affect your rights under your contract. Please note that the dealing with a complaint by The Mzansi Experience or a Third Party Supplier is done without prejudice and does not imply any fault of any kind on the part of either party.
There are various way to pay for your purchases – depending on how and where you buy them.
5.1 Online Payments
The Mzansi Experience has entered into partnership with a specialist travel and tourism payment solution called Trust My Travel, an internationally renowned payment platform used by major tourism operators around the world.
For your financial protection The Mzansi Experience is a member of Trust My Travel and our membership number is TMT51288 . All client money, whether by bank transfer or card payment is paid into an independently managed Trust Account held at Barclays Bank in the UK. Barclays Bank is also active in South Africa, therefore a local operating financial entity. This means in the unlikely event of our financial failure you will receive a refund for the services you have paid for. Money is not received by us until all suppliers have have been paid and you have completed your trip.
Trust My Travel is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority under the PSR 2009: No. 569641. For more information about how your payments are protected please visit www.trustmytravel.com for more information. It supports all major vendors such a VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
5.2 Payments at The Mzansi Experience offices
Payments can be made on our payment terminals with credit card, debit card (and cash on prior arrangement) – all payment to be made in person with positive identification such as an Identity Document or Passport.
5.3 Payments on the buses
Payment facilities are available with the drivers directly when needed by credit card or debit card. The drivers will have a mobile payment device for these purchases. No cash payments will be accepted.
5.4 Payments at any of our agents
Payments can be made directly at any of our authorised agents in any form they would accept – please check with them directly. These can include credit card, debit card and cash payments.
5.5 Payments to Third Party Tour Providers (when applicable)
Our tours have charges payable in cash directly to the Third Party Provider and should be done before embarking on the tour. These include charges for the kitty, single supplement and additional activities which is an optional addition to the itinerary. These payments cannot be made to The Mzansi Experience.
Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
It is exclusively and entirely your own responsibility to fulfil the passport, visa and other immigration requirements for your entire itinerary including all transiting and stopover destinations applicable to your itinerary. You should confirm these with the relevant High Commissions, embassies and/or consulates before embarking on your journey. A helpful guideline of visa entry requirements can be found here: https://www.passportindex.org/comparebyPassport.php
We do not accept any responsibility in the case of you being unable to travel due to not complying with any such requirements. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your return date into South Africa and all South African passport holders are required to have a minimum of three blank pages in their passport excluding the front and back cover to enable entry visas to be issued. If there is insufficient space in the passport, entry will be denied and the person is likely to be detained pending return to their country of origin. Please ensure that all passports are renewed.
The importance of Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is a vital part of your arrangements. We strongly recommend that you have taken out adequate travel insurance for the duration of your journey – we are offering a travel insurance option on our website but you are free to make use of external providers as well. Travel insurance is a mandatory element of some travel arrangements, especially our tours offered and proof thereof needs to be provided before embarking on your tour. Please note that various credit card companies offer limited levels of travel insurance, which may not be sufficient for international travel – a comprehensive cover is recommended.
It is strongly recommended that you take out insurance to cover personal accident, medical expenses, baggage with cancellation and curtailment. Insurance must be taken out for your own protection against high cancellation fees. Check with the credit card companies in order to obtain the specific details of the cover they offer.
Travel Advice and Vaccinations
Vaccinations may be required for some or all of the places you are intending to visit. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have arranged all necessary vaccinations for your itinerary. Health, vaccination and inoculation compliance is exclusively and entirely your responsibility. You should ensure that your physical condition is adequate for the intended itinerary and if you are not sure, you should consult your physician.
A good guide can be found here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/south-africa
Baggage / Luggage
The client will be responsible for all baggage and personal effects brought on the bus or tour, and The Mzansi Experience, or any Third Party Supplier, shall not be liable for any loss or damage to such baggage or personal effects, howsoever arising.
The client shall be entitled to one bag or suitcase that weighs a maximum of 20 kilograms, and one smaller bag on-board the bus. Should the client require a larger baggage allowance, this needs to be arranged with The Mzansi Experience before-hand by emailing us on email@example.com
Please note that some tours have specific guidelines for luggage which might differ from the guidelines set out as above by The Mzansi Experience.
The Mzansi Experience may, at its discretion and without any liability or cost to itself, at any time cancel or terminate a passenger's reservation in the event of the illness (delaying a scheduled departure), or the illegal, any disruptive, dangerous (or potentially dangerous) behaviour of the passenger, who shall in such circumstances not be entitled to any refund.
We cannot endeavour such conduct at the expense of others passengers' comfort and right to enjoy the service that have paid for, and will adhere strictly to the above.
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotions
The Mzansi Experience reserves the right to use any photographs and video taken during the tour for use in marketing or any other advertising material, and the client hereby consents to such use. The client further agrees that the Company will retain copyright over any such photographs and videos taken during the tour and / or used in its brochures and, to the extent necessary, the client hereby assigns copyright in such photographs and / or videos to the Company.
Neither the Company (The Mzansi Experience) nor persons acting for, through or on behalf of the Company will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever and, without restricting the generality of the before mentioned, particularly not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in its brochure or other literature, late or non-confirmation or acceptance of reservations, loss or damage caused by delays, accidents, sickness, injury or death, whether caused by negligence or not.
Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of The Mzansi Experience may cause delays, alterations or in extreme cases the cancellation of the transport, activity, accommodation and / or tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these, and it will be understood that any delays, alterations or cancellations will be done for the safety of the client as well as staff on duty.
- You may be required to register in order to be granted access to certain information, services and/or products at this website. At the time of registration, you may be prompted by one of our online forms to provide certain personal information to us, including your name, ID or Passport number, phone number and email address. This is needed for positive identification when embarking on a trip, and eliminates fraud and identity theft to occur on any of our services provided.
- To protect the privacy of personal information provided by you, The Mzansi Experience employs industry-standard controls including Internet firewalls, intrusion detection software, and network monitoring. Additionally, only authorised administrators and staff have access to systems containing such information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
- The Mzansi Experience website may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the website; the pages that you access and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyse trends, and administer the website.
We endeavour to provide the best possible content and information to our clients. Please note that the following applies:
- The content of the pages of this website were created for marketing purposes and should be used for general information only. Content is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be deemed to have been concluded in Somerset West, Western Cape, Republic of South Africa and shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The client consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court of Cape Town in terms of the provisions of Section 45 of Act 32 of 1944 (including all amendments), but it is specifically agreed that The Mzansi Experience at its instance will have the discretion to sue in the High Court if it deems necessary and appropriate.
It is also important to note that the client must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and other regulations of all countries visited on the tour.
The Mzansi Experience Contact details
Mzanzi Bus Adventures (Pty) Ltd t/a The Mzansi Experience, 3 Gardner Williams Avenue, Paardevlei Precinct, Firgrove Rural, Somerset West, Western Cape, Republic of South Africa
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings and booking changes / cancellations: email@example.com
Phone number: +27 (0) 21 001 0651
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 7AM - 7PM / Saturday: 7AM - 5PM / Sunday: 8AM - 2PM / Emergency Line 24-Hours