Whale & Shark Route
Cape Town ↔ Knysna including Hermanus & Cape Agulhas
A Collection of the World's Best Scenery and Ocean Adventures
The Whale and Shark Route, running between Cape Town and Knysna, is a visual treat. It visits important seaside towns not accessible directly by an other scheduled bus service including the towns of Hermanus, Gansbaai and Knysna. It runs 5 days a week in either direction, to view the schedule, click here.
Highlights of this route include:
- The magnificent City of Cape Town - named by many travel authorities as the most beautiful city in the world and a top destination for international travellers.
- The world-famous town of Hermanus, perhaps best known for the whale watching of Southern Right Whales visiting in winter (July - October).
- Gansbaai, one of the main points of the world for White Shark Cage Diving.
- Cape Agulhas, the southernmost point of Africa and true meeting point of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans.
- Swellendam, a hiking and horse-riding paradise.
- Mossel Bay - a seaside town of historic significance spanning way back to the Dutch Explorers trying to find the Spice Route to East (India)
- The Garden Route, including towns of Wilderness, Sedgefield and Knysna. This route has recently been voted one of the most beautiful drives on the planet.
With so many "world best" points to visit, the Whale and Shark Route offers a combination you will not be able to find anywhere else. Below are the towns found on the route. Click on each town for extensive information.