Wine & Garden Route
Cape Town ↔ Knysna including Route 62 (World's Longest Wine Route)
Take a Road Trip on the World's Longest Wine Route
The Wine and Garden Route is the only way you can see the world famous Route 62 hop-on hop-off style. Visit the friendly local towns of Robertson, Montagu, Barrydale, Calitzdorp and Oudtshoorn to get a feeling of friendly hospitality away from the main tourism routes of South Africa. With hundreds of wine farms along the route, and interesting sights to delight, you are in for a treat on the slow lane.
Highlights of this route include:
- The World's Longest Wine Route, Route 62, with many award-winning farms
- Seeing the changing landscapes between lush green winelands to the semi-arid Little Karoo
- Visit interesting historic sights including an old train station and 18th century architecture
- See ostriches and other wildlife next to the road
- Visit the famous Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn
- The Garden Route, including towns of Wilderness, Sedgefield and Knysna. This route has recently been voted one of the most beautiful drives on the planet.
The Wine and Garden Route offers a little bit of new, a whole lot of old world and a handful of natural wonder. Perfect for those looking for "something else". Below are the towns found on the route. Click on each town for extensive information.